Friday, May 6, 2011

The Dresser

     I have this thing; and have a feeling I get it from my grandma. I say that because she is the one who used to take me garage sale-ing on Saturdays. I love to find other people's junk and turn it into my treasure.
     My neighbor has had this dresser sitting outside for about two weeks. It is sitting by her mailbox, which also happens to be by the garbage cans. I cannot tell if she is trying to throw it away or let it rot. Maybe it is from past tenants, and she is waiting for them to pick it up. Maybe it is outside to air out, or dry off ( I have noticed a small white part on one of the feet, like it has been repaired). However, that doesn't make sense because it has been raining, freezing, blowing, and muddy everywhere lately.
    I love this dresser and the more it rots, the more I want it! I know, this is bizzare. Something about the old curves and antique drawer pulls calls my name...I want to refinish it, and make it my treasure. This must be my grandma's heart coming out early. Nic says we do not need it and he is right but I can not help myself.  I think I will have to trade it out, get rid of something in the house to obtain this beauty.
     So today, I am going to meet my neighbor and ask her if I  can take it off her hands. Here it is:
My new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment