Friday, November 4, 2011

The Superfood-Superdelish Green Smoothie

Although the color may be shocking, this smoothie tastes like pure tropical delight and is full of greens!


Ingredients:
1/3 Cucumber, peeled
1/2 Avocado, peeled
1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach
1/4 cup wheatgrass
1/4 lime, peeled
6 frozen pineapple juice ice cubes
 A splash of pineapple or whatever type of juice you have, just enough to get the smoothie to blend.

 Toss it all in your blender, and wha-la, a delicious treat to drink.

4 comments:

  1. Um, DUDE. This looks to die for. Seems like it'd also make a nice fruit bar recipe, which I make a lot of for Zoralee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it... and it's surprisingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a variation on this a few days ago. The avocado I brought home was a bad one (grrrrr), and I didn't have wheatgrass. But I used cucumber, spinach, lime, and pineapple juice/chunks. I also added some yogurt and banana. It was good!

    But tonight we made chocolate pudding with the other avocado I had bought (which was now ripe). There are some groovy recipes out there if you google avocado chocolate pudding. Basically, you sweeten it with dates or a combo of dates and real maple syrup. Pretty dreamy. Speaking of avocados is what lead me to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried adding coconut yogurt?? :-) Super Good!

    ReplyDelete